The Viscardi Center
Captioning & CART Services
Make The Experience Better for Everyone
The U.S. Census Bureau noted in March 2022 that 11.5 million Americans have a hearing impairment and a survey by Preply found 50% of Americans watch content with subtitles most of the time – including Gen Z and Millennials viewers.
While video captioning and CART (Communication Access Real-time Translation) services are seen as a service primarily used by individuals who are Deaf or hard of hearing, in reality they have made the experience of watching videos and live presentations better for everyone. Our team of accessibility professionals provide captioning services to ensure existing or newly created videos, webinars, as well as live events and conferences, meet current accessibility standards to reach compliance with the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and the CVAA (21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act).
Closed/Open Captioning Services:
- Guarantee all current and legacy video content is accessible to people with hearing loss through post-production, either through closed or open captioning
- Add a visual representation of the audio output in a video universally utilized by deaf and hear of hearing viewers
CART (Communication Access Real-time Translation) Services:
- Create a fully accessible live event or webinar Audio-Visual environment through our CART services, or real-time captioning.
- Ensure live audio stream is represented visually for deaf and hard of hearing viewers
- Can be delivered on-site or remote
Interested in Learning More?
Complete this interest form.
Fields with asterisks (*) are required.